Flowood, MS, October 3, 2022 – The National Tile Contractors Association (NTCA) will be hosting free one-day regional training programs. Contractors can learn more about GPTP installation, substrate preparation/LFT, or mortar beds for floors and walls from NTCA trainers at these regional events.
• October 26: GPTP, hosted by Crossville Studios, sponsored by Crossville, Denver, CO. Contact Greg Roark, [email protected], 303.759.1919
• November 3: GPTP, organized by Longust, sponsored by Crossville, Anaheim, CA. Contact Brian Marr, [email protected], 480.752.3389
• November 4: GPTP, organized by BPI, sponsored by Atlas Concorde, Houston, TX. Contact John Whitehead, [email protected], 281.793.4543
• November 9: Substrate Prep/LFT, organized and sponsored by Floor & Decor, Carson, CA. Contact Lonnie Roche, [email protected], 424.339.6543
• November 16: Mortar Beds for Floors and Walls, organized and sponsored by Floor & Decor, Downey, CA. Contact Jay Williamson, [email protected], 562.299.7320.
• November 30: Substrate Prep/LFT hosted by ARDEX Academy, sponsored by Crossville, Stockton, CA. Contact Terry Hall, [email protected], 916.768.7008
These one-day trainings start at 7:30 a.m.
GPTP/Slabs training provides the foundation for installing porcelain panels with confidence and precision. This free training will teach you about new tile industry standards and how to install GPTP. You will also learn how GPTP is made, where it can be used, and the special tools, tuning materials, and techniques needed to install it.
The Substrate Preparation and Large Format Tile training will show you how to use ANSI A 108 standards and the TCNA Handbook to meet real-world challenges in hands-on installations focused on substrate examination and preparation for laying large format tiles.
Mortar Beds for Floors and Walls will provide both classroom instruction and hands-on opportunities to implement standards-based methods and use the proper tools to create mud beds. Participants will learn to use and apply ANSI A108 installation standards and TCNA handbook methods while working with mud/mortar beds.
December events are as follows,
• December 1: Ardex Academy, Stockton, California, sponsored by Crossville: GPTP
• December 9: BPI, Fort Worth, TX, sponsored by Atlas Concorde: GPTP
• December 9: Floor & Decor Host and Sponsor, Tukwila, WA: Substrate Prep/LFT
• December 14: Floor & Decor, host and sponsor, Mesquite, TX: GPTP
• December 14: Daltile, host and sponsor, Seattle, WA: GPTP